Friday, May 8, 2009

Got me some L glass!






Yesterday I went to Pro Photo Supply to buy my first ever canon L lens! I did my home work on the 70-200mm I bought. I ended up getting the Canon EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM! It works so well, and it is substantially lighter in weight then the daddy in the 70-200mm family (70-200mm f/2.8 L IS) It is a little shaky at 200mm with out IS, but for $450 more just for the Image Stabilizer feature, I think I'll save my money and just be really steady. This lens handles lens flair really well, and having a constant aperture is really really nice. I have one other lens that is constant aperture and love it! This lens is gold and totally worth the money. I can't wait to do a real portrait shoot with it, I got it mainly for that reason and to use outdoors.

Check back soon for more photos with the new lens!

Enjoy