Wednesday, April 21, 2010

East Side Waterfront Bike Ride

Last Thursday was such a nice day (weather wise) which is partly why I decided to hop on my bike and ride somewhere. I packed my camera and while doing so made the final decision to go to the waterfront, though earlier I was open to riding anywhere, I just wanted to take photos. I very much enjoyed the ride down to the river from my house, (which is about a 6 mile ride, mostly down hill.) After arriving there I didn't have much time for photos seeing as the light was fading quickly behind the west hills, I shot what I could, packed up and headed home. The ride back was a bit of a work out because it's up hill for about 72 blocks. But it was relaxing at the same time; the light had mostly disappeared and I was riding in the cool spring evening air which cooled me down. It was an enjoyable bike ride and I am happy with the end result of the photos. I'm glad spring is here. :) And I am glad I live in Portland!

Evening bike ride to downtown

Evening bike ride to downtown

Evening bike ride to downtown

Evening bike ride to downtown

Evening bike ride to downtown

Evening bike ride to downtown

Evening bike ride to downtown

Evening bike ride to downtown

No comments: