Monday, October 3, 2011

Question and Answer - Photography

I've been thinking for a while that I should do a question and answers post about anything photography related. This will give me the opportunity to share a little bit about what I know and how I use it in my everyday work of photography. Furthermore this is an opportunity for those who have questions about photography, cameras, lighting, whatever to learn a little bit more. I will answer all the questions you provide me with in the comments on this post, and later in the week, I'll pick one question to write a full post about. A question that seems most applicable to all photography enthusiasts will most likely be the one chosen to do a compete post about. I know this seems very open ended, but I'd like to know more about what my readers would like to know, and how I can help you on your own photography path.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Hi Tim,

Here's what I'm using, Canon EOS Rebel T2i Digital SLR Camera with Canon EF-S 18-135mm IS lens. Here's the problem. Some of my images, maybe every 4th pic, I get an image where half of the photo is bright, and the other half is dark. Sometimes it's not even in the middle. Why is this happening? It happens most of the time while using the auto setting. If you need, I can send you a copy of one of the images where this happens. Let me know if you need additional information. I think it may be my shutter speed, but not confident. Thanks for your help!

Unknown said...

Hi Wendy, thanks for commenting. Is the problem that an entire section of the photo is turning out bright or dark? Or is it just whatever is in focus turns out too bright or dark? A photo would help me understand the problem better. If you could email me at timofTNP(at)gmail(dot)com I will look into it. Try shooting in "P" mode or even AV mode. These will give you a little more control over your exposure. If you're feeling experimental, try playing around on Manual mode too. Auto mode simply takes a general exposure of the subject, and is very limited. Shooting in those other modes helps you learn more about the settings on your camera and how to use them to get the exact lighting that you want. :)